Queria dizer: 

Criação

Resposta

Solução

Replace Smart Router / Huawei HS8247W with separate ONT + Router

Toby
Novo Utilizador
Novo Utilizador

Hello, We have upgraded our internet to 1Gbs down / 200Mbs up fiber and got the Smart router 2.0. IMO that router "Smart Router 2.0 / Huawei EchoLife HS8247W" is rubbish for such a great fiber connection. It is an entry level router and wireless/router performance are below average. We have a router/mesh system from Ubiquiti and would like to use that. I think it is understandable that we do NOT want to use a high tech router in bridge mode while using a cheap Huawai router as the main router. I noticed that the "bridge" function has been removed from the firmware which I cannot understand why that decision was made by Vodafone Portugal!? We would like to ditch this router completely and connect directly our system to the ONT. We can still connect the vodafone huwaei router to one of our ethernet ports if that is necessary for the TVs to work. Can you please send me a quote to make this possible? Many Thanks Toby

10 RESPOSTAS 10

Rodolf_Vodafone
Moderador
Moderador

Hello @Toby,

We suggest contacting our technical support 16913 so that you can be helped with the questions indicated.

Thank You,

Vodafone Portugal Team

I would appreciate if you could answer my query and send prices here in writing?

I am sure this will benefit other users as well.

Thanks

Hi @Toby,

For technical problems/questions, you should contact our technical support 16913 so that proper analysis can be performed. Alternatively, you can use My Vodafone to access the Technical Support option, so that you can contact them for free. You will need to access My Vodafone »My Login ID» Status of My Devices »Difficulty Resolution» Choose the most suitable option. After the tests are made and if the difficulty is not overcome, the option will be free to contact the Technical Support line, if you are a Vodafone mobile number.

Thank You

Prag_Vodafone

Did you receive any feedback from Vodafone about this?

Ben
Visitante Junior
Visitante Junior

If I look at my router WAN settings, there are three different external IP addresses.

1 for IP TV

1 for Voip

1 for Internet

I really see no reason for Vodafone to not enable this feature. My new router (Asus XT8) has many more options to properly handle my internet needs. Unfortunataly I am foreced to limit myself to use it as an AP instead.

At least I still have the advantage of much faster WiFi speeds.

I guess I will have to wait until my two years are over, and then switch to Meo.

A shame that Vodafone is so stubborn in this, even more a shame that the only thing that the people that work here, only direct you to the phone number for technical support that cannot be given.

I think Vodafone could save some money by just installing an auto responder with alwasy the same response. Please call our technical support.

Toby
Novo Utilizador
Novo Utilizador

I never got anything back and tired of calling the technical hotline. 

At the end of the contract I will switch to MEO if they don't resolve this issue (just hoping MEO is better; already switched from ZON to Vodafone). Vodafone cannot even send me a quote for a separate ONT. I think Vodafone seems to be much more flexible in other countries... Maybe it is some policy in Portugal or maybe they don't have any skilled people locally.

XIKO29
Super Contribuinte
Super Contribuinte
You're right!
It's simply stupid that Vodafone doesn't give us the bridge mode (while others ISP give) and force us to use the WiFi from their router.

Now they are installing (just to some customers) a new router (Smart Router 3.0?) but the stupidity remains: Bridge mode is not present.

Unbelievable!

jvata
Novo Utilizador
Novo Utilizador

Of course they wont provide bridgemode ... they sell a native option from the equipment ... hence why they hide it from GUI ... they also hide Static Routes from GUI ... OMG ... outrageous ... but in Static Routes ... ok they dont want us to see they're routes for IPTV internet ... Filtering proxys ... etc etc ... 

But hiding bridge mode ??? in such an awfull router ... makes me want to cry ...

jvata
Novo Utilizador
Novo Utilizador
Also ... have you tried call support ??? LOL, everything you ask add's up to monthly invoice ... or (and this one even worse) it cant be done ...
90% of problems not solved for me every time i call vodafone support