cancelar
Mostrar resultados para 
Pesquisar em vez de 
Queria dizer: 

Criação

Resposta

Solução

SIM card validity if not connected to the network over 6 months?

Zirconium
Visitante
Visitante

Hello

I still have a Vodafone “Livre S” SIM card on a remote site in Portugal.

Unfortunately, the modem in which the SIM card is installed has malfunctioned and is switched off. In other words the SIM card isn’t connected to the cellular network anymore.

I can’t fix the issue before next July. That means that the card won’t be connected to the Vodafone network before 8 months.

The problem is that the SIM card have a validity of 6 months if not topped up with at least 15€, before they get blocked and made unusable.

If I top up the card with 15€ before this 6 months limit, but without connecting the card to the Vodafone network (because the modem is not functioning), will the card still be valid next July?

Thank you

3 RESPOSTAS 3

BrunoF_Vodafone
Moderador
Moderador

Hello Zirconium

We appreciate your message.

By making a payment, you will prolong the validity of the card, even if you do not use it or register on the network.

Thank You

BrunoF_Vodafone

Thank you for your quick answer.

Yet another question, the payment to keep the card active, has really to be at least 15€ or could it also be only 5 or 10€? I feel like I read somewhere it should be at least 15€, but I'm not sure anymore.

Hello @Zirconium

The value can be lower, as long as it is the minimum for your tariff.

We suggest consulting the available tariffs and charging methods through our website to learn about the procedures in detail.

Thank You

The Vodafone Portugal